If you want to remove stains, brighten up your smile, or achieve a Hollywood *STAR* Smile, we can help you with our professional teeth whitening services!
What You Should Know About Professional Teeth Whitening Services...
Teeth Whitening - Fact vs. Fiction!
- Is teeth whitening safe? Yes. Clinical studies have shown that whitening your teeth with carbamide or hydrogen peroxide under the supervision of a dental professional is safe for teeth and gums.
- What are the side effects? The most common side effect is tooth and gum sensitivity. Your dentist is your best resource to ensure that you are a good candidate for whitening and that you are using the right concentration of whitening formula. At-home whitening products usually have two mild desensitizing agents, potassium nitrate and Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP), to minimize tooth sensitivity.
- What’s the difference between Over-The-Counter Whitening solutions and Professional Dental Office Teeth Whitening? Over-the-counter whitening products are not customized to your needs. With a professional treatment, the whitening process is tailored to your needs by your dentist, with custom-fitted trays for at-home treatments or just the right light intensity and duration in the dentist’s office.
- How long will my professional whitening results last? Whitening treatments help to reduce existing stains, but through consumption of coffee, soft drinks or just through natural aging, your teeth may eventually become discolored again. Maintenance whitening can help combat recurring discoloration. Only professional grade at-home whitening products include ACP, which has been shown to help reduce whitening fade-back.
- What causes teeth to discolor? There are many causes to tooth discoloration. Some of the most common include the consumption highly colored foods and drinks (berries, coffee, tea, red wine). Some medications, aging, smoking and trauma can also cause teeth discoloration.
- How long does it take? With a professional whitening treatment, your teeth will be visibly whiter in one day. With the in-office procedure, you will achieve up to eight shades whiter in 2 twenty-minute sessions. With dental-grade at-home products, when used as instructed, you will achieve the same great results in one-two weeks, depending on concentration of formulation and wear time.